Thursday, October 27, 2022

Death, rebirth, and how I compensated. Part 1.

 Death has no sting. 

He explains his death.

So when he describes how he changed after his NDE or death I felt more convinced that at the time of my head injury I did die. I can't prove it. I have a memory of running ridiculously fast through the streets of Broken Arrow even though the injury happened out in the country where I had no car. 

I vaguely remember the neighbor coming to my door, staring in and then fleeing. Who would do that. My guess is I looked dead and yet we never spoke after that so I have no clue what he thought he saw. 

But afterwards, what changed for me included what changed for the man in this short video clip above and that was I had little feeling for earthly goals. In fact I often wonder why I never desired a house when I drive through neighborhoods that look lovely and stable. I have never desired that. I used to tell myself I had a house before the head injury as if it was on a list that had a box and since that box was already checked off, that was that. 

In the end, my story includes getting lost. I thought that was my brain damage. I had a sensation of memory of it being the back right. The occipital part on the right has right brain function, of music and space. 

I wasn't able to learn songs after that. I did take classes at Valley College. Voice, copying, theory, and  chorale  directing, but my performance song I sung was one I knew before the injury. I would not have been able to memorize a new one. So in my song compensation phase over the past 40 years, I took fiddle lessons, a semester of classical violin, bought a bowed psaltery, bought a cello and violin, upright grand, 1833 pump organ, and a second uke, as mine was ruined from years ago, and a backpacker guitar, all the while playing with satisfaction, using techniques I knew before. In the Friday French conversation group I had sound distortion and noticed when I played my guitar and sang I would have an unexpected sudden glitch that I didn't used to have before the injury whereby there would be a delay so I could not keep rhythm with fellow singers. I don't notice it now. It has changed since my brain has gotten help. More on that in the next episode. Maybe now I can learn the required 50 songs to be in Threshold Choir. We shall see. 


No comments:

Imagine who you would like to talk to on this bench.

Imagine who you would like to talk to on this bench.
Click photo to link to Kari Yearous Photography